The story of a woman in music who changed music for the better

Today a good deal of political talk has been focusing around transgenderism and whether or not society should embrace or shun individuals who are transgendered. While this blog is not a place for political commentary, when I saw this article I immediately thought it appropriate to post.  This is an article about a woman musician, so I thought I'd include it here for our perusal, since her contributions to music have been significant and that very definitely fits with our mission to highlight noteworthy women in music.

 http://www.wfmt.com/2016/11/17/transgender-composer-wendy-carlos-changed-music-forever/

Comments

Other Features

MLA Women in Music Blog Feature: Anne LeBaron

Mu Phi Epsilon

Dr. Deon Nielsen Price: concert pianist, composer, music professor, mother of five

"I am NOT a Woman Composer!" The Life and Music of Louise Talma (1906-1996)