Listen to Ursula K. Le Guin’s Little-Known Space Opera

I doubt I'm the only person in the world who laments the death of the fantastic female author, Ursula K Le Guin.  One interesting fact I learned just recently is that she participated in writing an opera!  That intrigued me and even though the composer of the work is not female, I thought we should also recognize that some women in music are librettists!  So here's a link to the article where I learned about one of my literary heroes entering into the world of music by being an opera librettist:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ursula-le-guin-forgotten-space-opera-david-bedford

Comments

Other Features

MLA Women in Music Blog Feature: Anne LeBaron

Mu Phi Epsilon

Dr. Deon Nielsen Price: concert pianist, composer, music professor, mother of five

"I am NOT a Woman Composer!" The Life and Music of Louise Talma (1906-1996)